HSEMS >> Envrionmental Policy
Al-Mirfa Power Company is committed to operating
its facilities in an environmentally sound
manner. To accomplish this Al-Mirfa Power
Assess and manage the environmental
impact of all its operations.
- Comply with applicable environmental
laws, regulations and other requirements.
- Where controlling laws or regulations do
not exist, then Al-Mirfa Power Company will
take the initiative using best international
utility practice to provide guidance.
- Develop and maintain an effective
environmental management system.
Promote resource and energy conservation,
waste minimization, and pollution prevention
programs in these areas.
- Ensure that environmental, energy and
resource management considerations are an
integral part of the management process for
all business activities.
- Enhance environmental awareness of
employees, suppliers and contractors and
within the community.
- Recognize and respond to employee and
community concerns regarding the
environmental aspects of the Company’s
operations, and train employees to conduct
their activities in an environmentally
- Set quantifiable environmental
objectives and targets that result in
Consider environmental performance
objectives in employee and contractor
evaluations, rewards and recognition.
- Assess and report on the status of the
Company’s environmental performance and
conformity with this policy.